Friday, January 2, 2009

Modus Operandi, 2009




Videos





No footage found.


What kind of reporter/columnist would I be if I didn’t produce an early year article rife with political type ambition and starry-eyed Christmas leftovers. It has become a tradition amongst popular newspaper folk to lay out a resolution type piece as one of their first offerings of the new-year. This tradition has recently been extended to over-hyped t.v. personalities and just this year to the international blogosphere and now it my turn.


This year will be all about me


To hell with writing about the things I think people care about it’s time to start writing about the things that I care about and hoping that the rest of the world catches on. If you’re unfamiliar with my work, let’s just put it this way, I try desperately to deliver ink/pad gold well taking an interest in many things from generations past. I am a huge backer of the sport of kings; thoroughbred horse racing, Cigars and professional wrestling can also be added to my collection of fan-faded interests so one can imagine the trouble I have trying to appeal to the reading masses well dictating from a rejected prophecy.


The simple answer seems to be, give in, call off the search and start dictating from the crowd powered manuscript but that’s far from my Modus Operandi, 2009 will be bigger, bolder and more in your face.


This year I will introduce readers to the multibillion dollar industry of sport collectables, seedy and corrupt as any small town racetrack.


Doubt me?


Although I’m sure sport cards and autographed baseball’s hardly drums up images of dishonest box rifflers and unscrupulous card counterfeiters in the minds of the general public, we need look no further than the recent conviction of former grid-iron great O.J. Simpson for his involvement in a kidnapping/robbery scheme perpetrated for the purpose of reacquiring items that once belonged to the "juice’s" personal memorabilia collection.


I will also continue some of the positive trends I began during the latter part of 2008 such as attending more amateur sporting events, leaving the long lines, price gouging and Vince Carter’s to the rest of the world’s rubes.


 


Zee.


Tags: | | | | | |

No comments: