Thursday, December 25, 2008

I don’t believe in Santa Claus anymore...

I don’t believe in Santa Claus anymore but I’m certainly a sucker for a new year’s wish.



This year, with one of those closest to me facing impending layoffs just two week after the Christmas Holidays and another unceremoniously dismissed just forty-eight hours before Santa’s sleigh took to the sky’s, jobs will likely be at the top of my wish list.



The harsh realities of the 08' economic strain have often had this reporter wondering out loud what he wouldn’t do for a couple of extra tiddlywinks to invest in the dirt cheap real estate of Detroit, Michigan or Oshawa, Ontario but that’s paramount to being an insurance sales man or ambulance chaser, things I was never cut out for in the first place.



This kind of thinking has taken us all by storm, gusts of despair, downpour recession, thunderous "bailout" snicker . . . but a new year represents a chance to enhance the prospects of the future.



Jobs are on the horizon and when they come it wont be Godbama, Saint Biden or any other Heavenly Washington bureaucrat who elopes with the credit, credit will rest squarely on the shoulders of the American people.



I know, Proverbs are so cliché but how could I resist: Where there’s a will there’s a way.



Z.B.


Tags: | |

No comments: