Tuesday, February 10, 2009

(A-Rod Confession) Dark Day For Image Conscious Americans





Monday afternoon witnessed the demise of two of America’s most image conscious citizens.




R & B singer Chris Brown and Professional Baseball player Alex Rodriguez were both outed on Monday morning well their individual stories gained significant momentum throughout the afternoon.




Two times platinum R & B sensation Christopher Maurice Brown didn’t make it to Sunday evenings Grammy Awards Ceremony, instead the young Mr. Brown spent the evening in the custody of the Los Angeles Police Department following an incident involving fellow R & B singer and Brown’s current girlfriend Rihanna.


[q url=""]Brown turned himself in at the




's Wilshire station around 6:30 p.m on February 8, 2009 and was booked on suspicion of making criminal threats,[37] while under investigation for domestic violence charges, following an argument with fellow singer and girlfriend Rihanna in Hancock Park, Los Angeles, California. The Los Angeles police report did not name the female in the incident as is policy, but stated that she had "suffered visible injuries."[38] However, various news media such as the Los Angeles Times, CNN, and MSNBC have all identified the alleged victim as Rihanna.[39][40][41] He was set to perform at the \fs24cf3 2009 Grammy Awards, but was removed and replaced by Justin Timberlake and Al Green

[/q]


 




The second piece of the Monday lunch-bag let down involved future hall of fame baseball player Alex Rodriguez who confessed to ESPN’s Peter Gammons that he did in fact use a "banned" substance during his time with the Texas Ranger (2001-2003)




Rodriguez has long been seen as Major League Baseball’s golden boy and the only slugger to play through the "chemical era" and still have an ounce of credibility. That all changed Monday when Rodriguez told Peter Gammons the he had in fact used a performance enhancing substance...










ALEX RODRIGUEZ: When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I felt like I had all the weight of the world on top of me, and I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day.




 




Back then, it was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young. I was stupid. I was naive. And I wanted to prove to everyone that, you know, I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time. And I did take a banned substance. You know, for that I'm very sorry and deeply regretful.




... The culture back then, and Major League Baseball overall, was very -- I just feel that, you know, I'm just sorry. I'm sorry for that time. I'm sorry to my fans. I'm sorry for my fans in Texas. It wasn't until then that I ever thought about a substance of any kind, and since then, I've proved to myself and to everyone that I don't need any of that











 




Both Rodriguez and Brown have been viewed as crystal clean up until their respective misgivings over the pat twenty-four hours, the most interesting thing going forward will be watching just how the fans, media and their fellow colleagues embrace these individual as they attempt to move forward with their respective careers.




A-rod, A-fraud, A-roid or what ever you want to call him, Alex Rodriguez could potentially make a run at MLB career Home-Run record and is in-spite of his recent confession is a certified hall of famer.




Brown is versatile entertainer, a throw-back to a bygone era when an entertainer had to sing, dance and act just to get their fifteen minutes.




Brown’s offence although not entirely without precedence is not what the general public expects from salty R & B singers who collect the majority of their riches from ladies, young and old who believe the word in their songs.




For a male R & B singer domestic abuse is certainly sin #1 but for a Major League Baseball player domestic abuse is unfortunately all to common. The number one sin of a baseball player is gambling, just ask Peter Rose Major League Baseball’s all-time hit leader who has been shut-out from all things MLB, including the hall of fame for the past twenty years. Sin number two against the fraternity of Major League baseball players is steroid use or more specifically the use of performance enhancing substances but up until this point their has been little heard from those willing to admit to their indiscretions.




New York Yankee pitcher Andy Pettitte admitted to "using" but gave little details of the events surrounding his decision to dope up. In contrast Ex-Major Leaguer Jose Canseco will talk to anyone, any time about steroid in Major League baseball and has already admit that he did indeed partake in the roid-rage that was the nineteen-nineties.




Alex Rodriguez has choosen a uniquie path honesty...weather this path bare fruit perhaps only time will tell but what we can be sure of is that the path to oblivion chosen by former Major Leaguers like Mark McGwire and Roger Clemens has bore no fruit.




Zee



 



Check out the full transcript of Peter Gammons interview with Alex Rodriguez....



http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3895281



A tear in my beer



 











PETER GAMMONS: One of your goals all along has been to be in the Hall of Fame. Do you think a player who has tested positive or admitted to taking illegal substances is disqualified from Cooperstown?
ALEX RODRIGUEZ: I hope not. I hope not. I mean, I think every case is different. I think you have to look at the data. If you take a career of, you know, 25 years, and you take away three, or you take away 2½, or you take away one, I think overall you have to make a decision.




I don't have a Hall of Fame vote. It would be a dream to be in the Hall of Fame, and I hope one day I get in











 




 




 




 




 




 







Tags: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

No comments: